What is your vision on Knowledge Management future ? What do you think the main trends are today and will be in the next years ?
Collaboration and improved performance...
How organizations can use Knowledge Management to improve their competitiveness and optimize their businesses results? And what are the main expected benefits?
- Faster implementation of changed business procedures and methods
- Lower costs per delivered unit
- Reduced risk in projects
What are your recommendations to start an effective Knowledge Management project and its successful roll-out?
- Convince top management about the feasibility on KM and commit them to their role in their new learning organization
- Select an important pilot and execute with success
- Delegate KM support/management to a qualified change manager
In your opinion, what are the major hurdle to overcome and the pitfalls to avoid?
- To get priority for a long term strategy
- Risks related to the focusing on organisational learning competing with other needed efforts
- Yes - we have allready a learning organization
- Managing by cost budget in public organisations may be a hinder for commitment to learning and performance improvement
Do you think there are cultural specificities on Knowledge Management maturity depending on your geographical location?
Yes – some cultures focused historically on IT-environments and failed. High power distance may limit delegation of learning power and horizontal communication